Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thou doth protest too much, methinks

I signed the petition asking the Royal Family to pay for the 369 million pound Buckingham Palace refurbishment themselves: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-royals-pay-for-palace-renovation



It’s a disgrace that taxpayers have to cough up for this, so I strongly approve of the petition.  I suspect I will be signing a lot of similar online petitions, and maybe even physically joining some protests, once Trump takes office – in particular, his views on global warming and climate change (supposedly a hoax instigated by the Chinese) are profoundly disturbing, although unsurprisingly he has tried to backtrack recently on some of his more ridiculous statements and promises (“Lock her up” would seem to be a redundant rallying call now).  I still expect a LOT of protesting against the presidency over the next 4 years, on all manner of issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment