Thursday, November 10, 2016

The horror, the horror

At some point last year, I said that if Trump became President then I would leave the US.  Never did I think that was a real possibility.  Well, here we are.  The unbelievable, the unfathomable has happened.  I, probably like 49% of the American population, are in absolute shock.  What just happened?  What is going to happen now?  How has an openly sexist, racist, xenophobic blowhard actually won the presidency?  Is this an America I want to live in?  I’m doing my best to hold off on profanity in this blog entry (apologies for the last one), but WTF?  There is also a serious sense of deja vu what with Brexit.  So many things I could talk about: a divided nation, Obama’s legacy, climate/environmental impact, polling prediction failures, interesting stock price developments.  I don’t know where to start, but it won’t be now whilst I still digest the new world we live in.   

No comments:

Post a Comment