Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Westworld

A TV recommendation – the “sci-fi thriller” (per Wikipedia) Westworld.  I think I might have mentioned this in a previous blog as a show I was looking forward to, and 2 episodes in I think I was justified – it is the best new show this fall (and one of the best looking shows I’ve ever seen – HBO have spent a lot of money on this, and it shows).  It has a Lost feel to it that I like (mystery, morality, ambiguity), with an intriguing setup and premise that I’m looking forward to seeing how will play out.  Whether they will be able to sustain the quality for the rest of the season, let alone multiple more seasons, remains to be seen – but so far so good, and for the moment it is a more than adequate substitute whilst we endure the long wait for Game of Thrones to return.  Here’s to hoping for more original, addictive, intelligent dramas like this – especially now that we no longer have The Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men, Lost, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment