Saturday, October 15, 2016

Power cuts

I'm writing this blog post early, with a high likelihood that I will lose power later this evening.  We have a second and stronger storm coming in this evening - they were talking about gusts up to 75 mph in Seattle, but the most recent forecast says it will only get up to about 55 mph in the urban areas.  Still more that enough to cause damage and disruption.  We had a lesser storm yesterday with some high winds, and that resulted in a power cut at home whilst I was at work where there were no problems - and on the drive home you could see where some trees had come down in my neighborhood.  I think this might be a sign that after a few years of benign weather in the Seattle area, we are due to experience something more extreme.  There's already been talk about this being a cold winter - it could get nasty.

PS Christmas present idea - I would like to get the GCHQ puzzle book coming out next week.  I need to better exercise my brain, and if these puzzles are anything like what I've seen online then they should be suitably (too?) challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment