Monday, October 31, 2016

Westworld Update

Westworld is still the most fascinating and the most watchable new show this TV season.  I thought yesterday’s episode was a doozy – a ton of crazy stuff went down and it was great.   A bit more action than previous episodes, but I still love the questions of morality and humanity being posed.  I was worried that the episodes would get worse over time, but if anything they’re getting better.  Halfway through the season, and I like where we are – lots of intrigue, lots of philosophy, and a lot of different directions the show can go from here.  This show is perfect for our times – spawning all kinds of discussion, disection and fan theories on the web, which just feeds into the show’s popularity.  Maybe the shows expectations have been excessively raised as a result, but whatever the endgame is it will surely be better than the only comparable show I can think of in recent times - Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment