Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Bear>Bull

My company’s stock has declined by nearly 40% over the last year – a disconcerting trend.  And since I have such a lot of stock tied up with my company (thanks to our company’s employee stock plan), this is having a devastating (though not catastrophic) effect on my personal wealth.  Not good.  I’m scared to look at my E-Trade account to see what my stock is worth now compared to what it used to be.  My company can turn things around – we are sitting on a truckload of cash, and really only need to make a sensible acquisition or merger to make things right – it’s what all the market analysts want and expect, and until we do so it will make investors nervous and impatient.  In the meantime, much like most people in the office, I will continue to monitor the stock market and hope for the best.  I guess I should just be grateful that I’m in a job where you even get this kind of benefit!  And if the share price continues to drop, that does make us a potential target for a big pharma to buy us out – not necessarily a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment