Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Misc

Various observations:

-          Apparently, last weekend it was “Brick Con” in Seattle – a Lego convention.  If I had known, I would have gone.  Frustrated I only found out afterwards.
-          It was the VP debate last night.  I caught about 2 minutes – frankly not in the least bit interested in either guy, and I don’t think I could name either if you asked me (perhaps I should show more interest, as both presidential candidates are hardly young and in peak physical (and mental – at least for one!) condition).  From all accounts, the debate was utterly awful – no surprise there.
-          I got into work early yesterday, and so managed to obtain a prime parking spot by the garage exit.  Then later on that day, I got an e-mail saying that I shouldn’t have parked there because it was one of the limited larger spots and I only have a compact.  I nearly replied to tell them where to stick that request.  I’m not going to park in a compact spot – because those are just too narrow, and on 2 occasions I’ve parked there I’ve had to climb into my car from the passenger side because someone has parked too close to my driver’s side.  Perhaps concentrate on warning those incompetent drivers who don’t or can’t park between the lines.  And don’t encourage people to drive so large cars.
-          Gutted to have only found out recently that both Toffo and Wispa Mint have been discontinued.  RIP.  I need to get hold of some Rowntree Fruit Gums.  Years of research has led me to the conclusion that they are, by far, the best treat for road trips.
-          And I managed to win an eBay auction today by employing sniping of my own.  And my winning bid was much less than my maximum bid, and less than what the same item went for over the weekend - bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment