Sunday, October 9, 2016

San Diego Chargers

More like San Diego Dischargers.  They've started the season 1-4, and the 4 losses were for a combined 14 points and in each of these they were leading at some point in the last quarter.  It seems they find new ways to lose games - the most recent today with a botched snap in the last few minutes.  The Chargers are my team - I used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in San Diego - but last few years have been quite miserable and its been a long time since they were competitive and made the playoffs.  Arguably they've been very unlucky with injuries, but they've recently been a poorly coached and poorly managed team - playing under the shadow of the team potentially moving away from San Diego.  I don't know what the deal is with that - last year was supposed to be their last year in San Diego but it wasn't, and now this year might be their last year in San Diego - but I don't know where they would move to (LA has a team now, which would have been the obvious choice).  They are one of the few teams in the league that don't get full attendance at home games - which is a shame and which is why I worry about their future.  I hope they stay, but I suspect they won't.  And if they don't, then who am I going to support? (it won't be the Seattle Seahawks, since I find the local support and supporters so obnoxious).

No comments:

Post a Comment