Monday, October 3, 2016

eBay Sniping

Nothing more disappointing, and annoying, than bidding for an item on eBay and having the highest bid until the last second and losing out.  Such was the case this weekend where I was trying to obtain some (more) James Bond trading cards.  Clearly, some unscrupulous fellow collector has some software that puts in a last second bid that doesn’t give enough time for someone to counter.  The same box set is coming up for sale on Wednesday, so it looks like I am going to have to up my maximum bid in order to not lose out this time.  I shall also plan to employ this sniping method if I can, not submitting my bid until the last few seconds.  If I win, that will probably mean me overpaying – but such are the sacrifices I have to make in order to better my collection….

No comments:

Post a Comment