Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Welfare Check

We've had some serious rain recently.  So much so, that yesterday evening I got a welfare check from work.  Snohomish County - where I live - reported flooding in multiple locations, roads closed and water rescues.  However, I think this was mainly in the east of the county in the foothills of the mountains - which is a long way from where I live.  Nonetheless, I got a text message, an e-mail and a phone call from work to check in - basically I needed to reply to let them know whether I was affected by the flooding or not.  Which I wasn't, but good to know that they cared.  I don't remember ever getting one of these notifications before due to rain.  I think I've had one before when we had some particularly snowy and icy weather, but that's been it.  We're expecting another round of heavy rainfall on Saturday.  Yikes.  At least with this atmospheric river originating from the subtropics, it has felt much warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment