Thursday, December 21, 2023

Christmas Cards

I think it's fair to say that Christmas cards are increasingly becoming a thing of the past.  At least in my experience, though I suspect I'm not the best person to judge.  I post less cards each year, and receive less in return.  And I've hardly ever exchanged cards with anyone in the US.  But this year has been something else.  I'm flying back to the UK tomorrow, and I haven't received a single card yet.  And I'm not going to lie, that makes me quite sad.  But I suspect I'll have a load of cards blocking up my mailbox when I return.  After all, it seems like the delivery services this year have been particularly bad.  I've ordered stuff that I was hoping to bring back with me to the UK, or that I don't want left outside my front door (or wherever they decide to leave it) for all the time that I'm away, that haven't been delivered yet - including a birthday/Christmas gift for my niece.  It's due to be delivered tomorrow and I need to leave around 2 pm to get to the airport and catch my flight - so my chances of getting it in time are on a knife edge.  

1 comment: