Saturday, December 23, 2023

An Unexpected Upgrade

I'm back in the UK, and feeling a lot more rested after my 10 hour flight than I thought I would be.  And that's because, unexpectedly and for the first time in a very long time, I got an upgrade.  And flying in business class does make a world of difference.  You can chill out at the airport lounge rather than mingle with the riffraff.  You can help yourself to free food and drink in the lounge.  You get a LOT more space and a lot more privacy on the flight.  You get better quality food and drink, and better quality service on the flight.  Your seat reclines fully horizontally for a better chance of sleep.  And your checked baggage is given priority by being first on the carousel.  It's not all perfect.  The bathrooms in business class are just as bad as those in economy.  You still have to deal with screaming babies during the flight.  And, at least in Seattle, the lounge was so small and crowded that I actually ended up finding a quiet area in the main terminal in order to read my book.  I still don't think I'd shell out to pay for business class, but I certainly won't turn down an upgrade if they give me one.  And with the number of flights I've taken between Seattle and London, I should probably be able to use some of my accumulated points to get an upgrade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment