Monday, December 11, 2023

Banh Mi

It's a Christmas miracle!  I've found somewhere that does cheap sandwiches near my office.  Well, more specifically, cheap banh mis.  When the French colonized Vietnam, perhaps the only good thing they did was to introduce baguettes to the Vietnamese.  There's a bubble tea store that opened a few years ago just down the road from my office, but since it just sold tea it didn't hold any interest to me.  But I think it came under new ownership recently, and they've added some food options - specifically banh mis.  Had my first one today, and it was delicious - fresh, tasty and satisfying.  And, surprisingly for the area, relatively cheap.  Although the options are limited (a choice between beef, chicken and pork banh mi) - it might still become a regular spot to grab a lunch if I'm going to be in the office 3 times a week, especially if work stops offering any free meals (something they're threatening to do).      

No comments:

Post a Comment