Sunday, December 24, 2023

Sainsbury's

Note to self - don't ever go to a supermarket on Christmas Eve.  The Godalming Sainsbury's was absolutely heaving at 10 am.  Even though the store supposedly only opened at 10 am.  I suspect that was a lie - and that the store in fact let people in before then.  I've never seen it so busy.  So busy in fact that the self-scanning system went down, causing even more queues at the checkout.  It's shocking to me that so many people left doing their Christmas food shopping, and indeed probably also their Christmas gift shopping, until this late.  At least I had an excuse since I only flew in yesterday.      

1 comment:

  1. If you were "with it", you'd know that UK supermarkets often open 30 mins early when under Sunday retail rules (6 hours trading max) but they can not legally serve until the stated opening time.

    Stores can choose the 6 hour period, 10:30 - 16:30 is now v. popular.

    ReplyDelete