Friday, December 8, 2023

Planet Earth III

I'm currently watching Planet Earth III.  I normally love these David Attenborough-narrated nature documentaries.  But for some reason, this one is not holding my attention in the same way that previous series did.  And I've been trying to work out the reasons.  Because the cinematography is as spectacular as it's ever been.  As good as it looks, maybe it's because the accompanying audio is so bad.  Clearly fake, and often takes away from what you're seeing on screen.  And it doesn't feel like I'm watching much new footage.  Perhaps I am, but it doesn't feel like it because I've seen so much similar stuff in the recent past.  But what I specifically don't like in Planet Earth III is the amount of time spent on humanity.  I watch these shows for the amazing footage of animals and nature.  I don't watch them to see humans destroying our planet.  Yes, this is important - but it's mighty depressing, and it's not what I'm here for.     

No comments:

Post a Comment