Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Free Lunch

It's over.  No more free lunches at work.  Today was the last one.  So yet another reason to not want to come into the office.  Even as they insist that we do.  And I hate that.  Mind you, the quality of the free lunch has deteriorated over time into the school canteen kind of lunch it was today - it's been clear that the budget had been slashed, and now it's gone altogether.  It's reflective of the general neglect of employee appreciation that my company has been guilty of over the last few years.  No swag, no end-of-year gifts, even as our company still makes loads of money.  We really should have something more substantial than just a video from our CEO thanking us for all our hard work.  Which was just insulting.  No wonder I've once again started to question my future here (though quiet quitting, as I'm doing, may be as far as I go).        

No comments:

Post a Comment