Thursday, October 5, 2023

Glasses

Over the last few months, I've had some serious vision issues due to changes in my blood sugar level.  But thankfully my eyesight has more or less returned to how it was before.  On the day after I got back to the US, I had an eye test with my optician that confirmed this.  And I took the opportunity to use my vision care health insurance to get a new pair of glasses.  I ended up picking out quite a nice pair of glasses (i.e. expensive), so although my insurance covered some of the cost I still ended up paying quite a bit.  Well I picked up those glasses today.  And noticed an immediate problem.  When I put them on, my vision was once again blurry.  Now I might expect some blurriness with a new pair of glasses as my eyes adjust, but I wouldn't expect this much with a prescription that is close to how it was before.  So, frustratingly, I am about 95% sure that the prescription is wrong.  In particular, I think one of the lenses is wrong - if I close one eye I can see fine, but if I close the other then we have extreme blurriness.  I'll give it a few more days, just in case I am being over-sensitive to changes in my vision, but I suspect I will need to take them back to either get the correct lens or the correct prescription.  Annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment