Friday, October 20, 2023

Alone Australia

Alone is an American survival competition series which I quite enjoy.  Basically contestants have to survive as long as they can by themselves in the wilderness with limited survival equipment.  Well, there's currently a spin-off airing here which is set in Australia.  Specifically, in Tasmania.  And it is ruining my preconceptions of what Tasmania is like.  With all it's weird wildlife, I always imagined Tasmania had some kind of tropical rainforest climate.  Nope, it appears to be considerably colder than that.  You don't really think that Australia gets any snow, but apparently Tasmania does.  I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise considering where it is geographically located, but I've never really given it much thought until now.         

1 comment:

  1. If you're into survival programmes, I tentitively suggest you give Ed Stafford's "First Man Out" as try.

    I like it as you see a wide variety of survival experts. BUT I accept Ed Stafford is a bit "marmite" to say the least.

    Ed Stafford is ex-army & was the first chap to walk the full length of the Amazon.

    ReplyDelete