Saturday, October 28, 2023

Avatar 2

I finished watching Avatar: The Way of Water today.  Technically amazing, but lacked any substance whatsoever.  It looked pretty good on the small screen, so I imagine it looked really good on the big screen and especially on IMAX 3D (which I think is how I watched the first Avatar film however many years ago that was).  But that doesn't make up for the simplistic plot.  It really felt more like a non-playable video game than a film.  I don't know how it got nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.  However, I can sort of understand how it became the third highest grossing film of all time as the first big post-COVID release.  What I will say is that despite the ridiculously long running time (over 3 hours), it did actually pass quite quickly - but admittedly I didn't watch it all at one sitting.  3.25 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment