Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Fed Up

Work is very stressful at the moment.  And not because of my workload.  It's having to deal with people.  People who haven't got a clue what they're doing.  Twice this week, got some ridiculous timelines foisted on me - totally unfeasible for me to meet them.  I push back, creating some drama.  And have since found out that in one case these timelines were impossible to begin with due to other factors.  So they were wrong when they were given to me.  And in the other case, some digging reveals that I'm expected to do in a week what was previously done by a team of people over months.  Really?  But I'm still unfairly judged as the lazy one.  It's just a whole load of needless stress.  On top of this being the time when we do our annual performance review.  A pointless exercise when I know I'm not getting promoted.  No wonder I've quiet quit.      

No comments:

Post a Comment