Monday, May 15, 2023

Passage

I was on the correct side of my flight to get a few photos of Mount Rainier, Mount St Helens and San Francisco.  This was intentional when I picked my seat.  But then - an unexpected development.  I got upgraded to a better seat on the flight.  Fortunately, it was still on the same side.



I've been trying to work out how long it's been since I last visited my company's headquarters.  I originally thought this was the first time I've been here since I returned to the company - so it must have been over 10 years.  But then someone reminded me about a team-building event some 5 (?) years ago.  I don't know - I remember the event, but not when it was.  It's kind of disturbing how my memory is like a sieve, and how incapable I am of measuring the passage of time. 

Although much has changed since my last time here - particularly when it comes to all the new construction on the work campus - a number of memories resurfaced.  For example - how much my hotel sucks, how much you really should rent a car here (even at your own expense), how many Asians there are here, and how glad I am that I never moved to the soulless wasteland that is the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment