Sunday, May 7, 2023

Fireworks

Normally I only hear fireworks when the Seattle Seahawks win.  But we have a new sports team in town, and they are currently in the playoffs.  And, more importantly, they are winning in the playoffs.  The Seattle Kraken just beat Dallas Stars 7-2 (which is a real pasting in hockey terms) to lead 2-1 in this series - and I hear fireworks going off outside.  This is the second time this week I've heard them after a Kraken win.  I like this - Kraken have only existed for 2 years, and it already feels like they are the second most important sports team in the city (Seahawks will always be number one, but I already feel like the Kraken have overtaken the Mariners [baseball]).  It's sad that I haven't been to see them play yet - that is something I'm going to have to rectify next season (it's next to impossible to get tickets for any remaining playoff games this season).    

No comments:

Post a Comment