Sunday, May 28, 2023

Finales

A big night of TV, as we had numerous finales today - from the sublime (Succession - whose final season was consistently superb, including a great finale.  This show easily makes it into my list of top 10 best TV shows ever, and it might even be pushing for top 5.  This might be the last TV box set I buy.), to the very good (Barry - dark comedy-drama at its very darkest), to the quirky (Somebody Somewhere - another comedy-drama, but with an indie movie feel), to the very disappointing (Yellowjackets - a serious sophomore slump after a great first season, to the extent that I won't even bother watching a third season if there is one.  Reminds me so much of Westworld, another show that started off really well but quickly went off the rails despite a strong cast and a strong premise.  And which I also stopped watching by the third season.).   

No comments:

Post a Comment