Friday, May 5, 2023

King Charles III

I'm not a royalist.  I don't care for the royal family, never have and never will.  So no, I won't be getting up  early or staying up late to watch the coronation.  An unnecessarily expensive coronation paid for by the taxpayer during a cost of living crisis.  Sure, it might be a once in a lifetime event - though I suspect King Charles' reign will be lot shorter than Queen Elizabeth's - and I'm sure there is a certain curiosity in seeing all the pageantry that accompanies the event.  But I will NEVER pledge my allegiance to the king, and his heirs and successors.  What an absolute joke.  Especially pledging an allegiance to an adulterous king who I don't care for, plus all his messed up family.  And you wonder why their popularity has waned so much.  I could tolerate Queen Elizabeth II, because she had been a steady constant in a time of enormous change for the country.  But with her death, I feel the royal family has also died - at least in it's current form.  And I especially don't care for crowning Camilla and giving her the title of Queen.  That feels egregiously wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment