Sunday, May 14, 2023

Paine Field

It was my first time flying out of Paine Field today, located in Everett north of Seattle.  I think it only started offering passenger services in 2019, so it's still somewhat a work in progress.  However it's only about a 20 minute drive away from my home, so much more convenient than going to Sea-Tac.  It doesn't exactly have an abundance of options - only Alaska Airlines flies out of there, and I believe they have the grand total of something like 18 daily departures to 9 destinations in the western US.  And it was all very surreal.  I got there way too early, even after taking ages trying to find the economy parking lot - so I was literally the only person in the arrival "hall" and the only person going through the single security checkpoint.  Yet I still got a pat down - and not just any pat down, but one around my "private region".  Bizarre, and a bit creepy.  The actual waiting area is comfortable but so small - it has just a bar and a cafe, serving just the 2 gates.  But it has won awards for being one of the best small/regional airports.  It's a significantly different, and significantly better, experience than dealing with the masses flying out of Sea-Tac.   

No comments:

Post a Comment