Thursday, April 6, 2023

Unscrupulous

Currently going through my first bad eBay experience.  I had won 2 auctions from the same seller – waited for the invoice with combined shipping costs to come through, paid immediately when it did, and package arrived promptly.  The only problem – but quite a significant one – the package only contained 1 of the 2 items.  Within the sealed contents, there was an empty sleeve where the 2nd item should have been – so not an error on my end, not a delivery error, this was clearly an error when the seller prepared the package.  So, via eBay, reported to the seller that I hadn’t received the item.  The seller should respond within 3 business days to offer a replacement or refund.  But nope, haven’t heard a thing from them yet.  Suspect I’m going to have to ask eBay to step in and help.  I think the chances of actually getting the item are zero now, but I’m worried that I might not even get a refund.  It is too easy to be dishonest in eBay – they only have my word that I didn’t receive the item.  I’ve never written a bad review in eBay, mind you I’ve never written a good review either, but I might have to make an exception in this case.  The lack of customer service is particularly disappointing.  I can’t decide if this is either incompetence or intentionally fraudulent behavior from the seller.  They have a store front in eBay and lots of items sold and on sale, so wouldn’t expect to have this kind of issue with them.  They do have some negative feedback, but overwhelmingly positive feedback.  They also – having done some Google searching– have an actual store in the Portland suburbs where they conduct their business.  Is this a Washington vs Oregon thing?  Whatever, it’s such a hassle to go though all this that I should get reimbursed for my time and stress as well as the cost of the item, taxes and delivery costs.  I’d be surprised if I get all or even any of my money back – if it’s my word against theirs, I’m going to lose out.  All of this just for a $50 James Bond autograph trading card (Robert Davi from Licence to Kill). 

1 comment:

  1. In my experience (as both buyer `& seller), eBay massively side with the buyer. (in the UK anyway)

    ReplyDelete