Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Immediate Neighborhood

I thought it might be useful to use Google Maps to show where I live, and where some of the neighbors are relative to me.

Here is the overhead view:


A = my house (my landlord owns the garage just north of the house, but I wish I had use of it).  B = my landlord's house, C = neighbors 1 (whose son has held parties there before, but not recently, and are otherwise very quiet.  Though they did cut down a tree between my house and theirs when I was away over Christmas, which I didn't appreciate), D = neighbors 2 (who don't live there, whose shed has been broken into before, but who do maintain the property - there is currently some work going on there, but don't know what they're doing.  I think my landlord really wants to buy this property), E = mailboxes, F = house for sale, G = neighbors 3 (these are the ones who particularly get on my nerves.  Not so much the noise from kids on trampolines any more, but who have cut down all the trees on their property, constantly have bonfires, who had the rooster I had to complain about, etc.), H = neighbors 4 (Spanish language family, occasional loud parties, quite a bit downhill from where I am).  Right of H is where I think construction of a new house is taking place.

Here is street view 1:


Excuse the erasing - that's me removing the street name.  A = the end of my driveway.  This view gives an idea of how narrow and hidden my driveway is, and how much of a slope my driveway and the road outside my driveway is on.

And street view 2:


This is a bit further up the road.  A = where my mailbox is located.  To access it from my home I can either go down my landlord's driveway (B) or walk up the road from the end of my driveway (C).  Note the lack of pavement/sidewalk.

2 comments:

  1. I am suprised you are so aggravated by "G" - seems a fair distance between the properties.

    ReplyDelete