Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cold Turkey

You know that scene in Trainspotting where Renton's parents lock him in his bedroom and he has those terrifying hallucinations as he goes through heroin withdrawal - including that baby who does a full 180 degree head spin.  Well, that is kind of what I'm going through.  But not heroin.  No, my addiction is soda and I have now gone 2 full days without a soda.  Last night, I had the sweats, chills, nausea, pain and craving exactly like drug withdrawal.  It was a very sleepless night.  I don't know whether it is entirely due to going told turkey over soda, after all I think my blood pressure has been high recently.  But I've been drinking too much soda recently, so I need to do this.  I'm not going to stop drinking it entirely, after all I've got a load of cans in my fridge, but I definitely need to drink more in moderation.    

No comments:

Post a Comment