Friday, April 21, 2023

Dilemma

I like my James Bond trading cards - I've built up quite a nice, and quite a valuable, collection.  But a new release is going to test my fandom.  It has just gone on pre-sell, and it ain't cheap.  $300 for a hobby box.  Normally a box will contain a decent number of cards, and guaranteed to include a certain number of autograph or relic cards.  But this new release is a high-end set.  What does this mean?  You're paying $300 for just 6 cards.  Admittedly some high quality cards, some of which come are going to be numbered and quite rare.  But that is a lot of money, especially as I normally want to buy multiple boxes to ensure some decent hits.  I don't know - this might even be too expensive for me.  I haven't seen a checklist for this release yet - I suspect it won't contain many new autographers that I don't already have from previous releases.  But then I'll probably still regret it if I don't buy it.  A dilemma indeed.       

No comments:

Post a Comment