Monday, April 17, 2023

For Sale

I've noticed that a For Sale sign is once again up outside the empty house just down the hill from where I live.  The one where they did some work on it a few years ago, with the construction noise being much to my annoyance, but which has never actually had anyone living there in all the time I've been here.  It was interesting looking at the listing online.  Here are a few photos of the property:



Doesn't look great does it!  Yep, this needs some serious work to become even slightly livable.  And that's not even the half of it - I'm not sure if the property even has the most basic functions: electricity, water, sewerage.  And how much are they asking for it?  Only a cool half a mill.  Which, in my humble opinion, is insane.  It's a shell - the amount of time and money you would need to spend on this place on top of the purchase price is excessive to say the least.  But if this is the state of the local housing market, then that is exactly why I'm never going to be able to afford to buy a house of my own here.

No comments:

Post a Comment