Friday, April 28, 2023

Heatwave

We're in the midst of a mini heatwave here.  It got up to the balmy temperature of (quickly converts fahrenheit into celsius) 25 degrees this afternoon.  Definitely t-shirt weather, almost shorts weather.  And given how cold it has been recently, it feels a lot warmer.  But have I been able to make the most of it?  Have I heck.  I've been stuck inside most of the day with too much work to do - and decreasing patience with my job.  What is interesting is that it is so much cooler inside my house than outside - a good 15 degrees cooler.  As soon as I step outside into the sun, the change in temperature is startling.  It just goes to show how little sun my house can get - particularly downstairs and in my main (north-facing) bedroom.  Not necessarily a bad thing on those hot summer days (a godsend when you don't have air conditioning), but I often find myself overdressed when I go out because I misjudge how warm it is once you get outside.          

No comments:

Post a Comment