Monday, April 10, 2023

Succession

I suspect no one who reads my blog watches Succession.  But you should do.  This last season is proving to be just as good as the previous ones, and yesterday's episode might have been the best ever.  Maybe one of the best episodes of TV that I've seen in quite a number of years - maybe since the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones.  No spoilers, but it's ironic that this episode also features a wedding.  Highly, highly recommended - right up there as one of the best written shows ever, with some of the most memorable dialogue ever.  This is one of those rare shows where the quality has never dipped over the seasons.  The same cannot be said of other great shows - I'm thinking particularly of Game of Thrones and Lost.  But I own box sets of both these shows, so it seems inevitable that I will get the Succession box set when it is released later this year.  If it sticks the landing in its final few episodes - which I have no doubt it will - then Succession is an obvious new entry in my top 10 favorite TV shows ever, maybe even the top 5.      

No comments:

Post a Comment