Sunday, October 9, 2022

World Series

It's currently the baseball playoffs going on over here.  And it's about the only time of the year I really care about baseball - specifically this year, because a Seattle vs San Diego world series is still on.  Both won their wild card series this weekend.  But both still have a very long way to go - so the chances of it happening are very slim.  But we can dream.  The San Diego Padres are my #1 team, but the Seattle Mariners are my #2 team - I have a lot more affinity for the Mariners than I do for the Seahawks, mainly because I've actually been to see the Mariners play whereas I've never seen the Seahawks.  And until this year, the Mariners had the longest playoff drought of any team in each of the 4 primary US sports (American football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey) - 21 years - so I was really happy that they simply made the playoffs, let alone progress.  Unfortunately both San Diego and Seattle have some of the longest championship droughts in US sports history (about 50 years for both) - so I hope that one of them can break that drought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment