Tuesday, October 11, 2022

More Neuroscience

Oh dear, my decision to not participate in this stupid training we've been assigned at work may be about to bite me in the ass.  This is the first week involving team discussion meetings.  Unfortunately, the leader for my discussion meeting is none other than my former manager.  The former manager who I dislike and who has had it in for me ever since I asked to change group and for her to no longer manage me.  So when she sent a meeting invite for the discussion meeting, I declined.  But when declining, I said I wasn't participating in the training.  That might have been a mistake - things escalated.  She then sent an email to my current manager essentially snitching on me.  The bitch.  My manager is more sympathetic - I've already told her multiple times how unhappy I am about doing this training.  But now she has to speak to her manager about the situation and whether I can skip the training or not.  As you can tell, this has suddenly become a bigger issue than it should have been.  I suspect my manager will be told that the training is mandatory - so I will have to participate in it, which sucks.  But if that is the case, then I will ask not to be in the discussion group lead by my former manager.  The whole situation is ridiculous - the training is an offensive waste of time.  But it was also kind of implied that I need to take part in the training if I was to have any chance of promotion.  The irony is that this is a training about speaking up - yet it was probably better for me not to speak up about my dislike of this training and instead just suck it up, which is the polar opposite of what the training is supposed to teach you.  What a joke.      

No comments:

Post a Comment