Friday, October 14, 2022

Vaxxed Up

I had my flu shot yesterday, and my COVID omicron booster today.  I should feel invincible.  Instead, I feel like shite.  And my left arm, where I had both the shots, is absolutely killing me.  I'm expecting any other side effects to hit me tonight and over the weekend.  It was a drive-thru COVID clinic I went to, and it was very easy to get an appointment and there weren't many other cars there - I don't think many people are bothering to get another booster.  This winter could see a major uptick in positive cases - even if the COVID symptoms are milder.  Some "sensible" people I know - like some friends, my manager and my landlord - have expressed skepticism about the booster and likely won't get it.  If they aren't getting it, then that means an awful lot of people are not getting it either.  I would be very interested to know the omicron booster vaccination rate - I imagine it is less than 5% right now.           

No comments:

Post a Comment