Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Work

This afternoon, I went from having nothing to do at work to being totally overwhelmed with work.  I knew this was coming, but I didn't think it was going to happen so suddenly and so soon.  It is absolutely typical with this job - I either have too little to do or too much to do.  Never at the sweet spot somewhere in between.  It is frustrating, but I am used to it now.  It is not untypical at my company, and not untypical in my profession.  So now I'm going to be really busy through to the end of the year, and likely beyond.  Fun times.  At least this happened now rather than at the start of summer - I can handle a heavy workload better when the weather is crappy.  If only the weather would cooperate (it's STILL smoky outside, with no rain in the forecast - the summer weather looks as though it's going to continue through October.  Highly unusual for the Pacific NW.  You just know that winter is going to hit hard after this.).          

No comments:

Post a Comment