Sunday, October 23, 2022

Historic ships

I forgot I took these photos, but I often go past these "historic" ships when I brave the homeless and go for a lunchtime walk from the office.  I took these photos last week - which feels like a long time ago, since this was during peak poor air quality time (indeed, I think at one point last week Seattle had the worst air quality in the world).  But that' has long gone - since Friday, it's just been wet, dark and miserable.  In other words, lot more typical fall weather!  These ships are moored at Lake Union Park next to The Center for Wooden Boats and behind the Museum of History and Industry (incidentally, a museum I've never been in - I need to rectify that one day).  They were filming something in the park when I was there, but I couldn't tell if it was some big feature film/TV show or something a lot less significant.  The ships include the second oldest fireboat in the US (a national historic landmark!), a tugboat (that is also the oldest floating vessel in the Pacific NW and the world's oldest wooden floating tugboat), a steamboat and a fishing boat.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment