Sunday, October 30, 2022

TV Recommendations

Here are a few random, and somewhat niche, TV shows I'm currently watching:

- Hostages: a documentary on the Iran hostage crisis, a chapter in history that (just about) occurred in my lifetime but which I knew very little about

- The US and the Holocaust: a self-explanatory Ken Burns documentary

- Let the Right One In: there are a couple of vampire shows currently airing, but this is the one that has stuck

- The Vow: a second series about the sex cult Nxivm

- Miss Scarlet and the Duke/Magpie Murders/Annika: PBS are currently showing this trifecta of British female-lead detective series

- East New York: about as close to the CSI/NCIS/Law & Order type show that I can tolerate

- Tales From the Territories: stories from pre-WWF wrestling, a much wilder time than today's "professional wrestling entertainment"

- Lucifer: my current choice of lightweight watchable show to binge on

- Documentary Now!: a deep and funny parody of documentaries, most of which I've never seen the original

- So Help Me Todd/Alaska Daily: a rare couple of new network shows that I am actually watching among all the detritus out there 

No comments:

Post a Comment