Friday, October 7, 2022

Political Ads

I am sick to death of all the political ads.  They are on the telly, they are on the radio and - perhaps worse of all - they have started appearing on YouTube.  There is obviously a lot riding on the mid-term elections this year - but the sheer number of ads seems more than any ever time I can remember.  I'm sure some of it is targeted advertising - which is ridiculous when I can't even vote here.  And the ads are all negative - with the Democrat and Republican messaging clearly established (Democrats - women's rights and Trump, Republicans - everything else).  If the political advertising is bad here - where it is unlikely to make much difference to the result - I dread to think what it is like in battleground states.  It is depressing, and only going to inflate the divisions already dividing the nation.  This country is messed up.       

No comments:

Post a Comment