Saturday, October 1, 2022

Palace 1-2 Chelsea

I am officially worried about Palace now.  The remaining games before the World Cup break are critical now - we are not playing any of the "big" teams, but teams at or below our level, so hope and expect some better results.  Jeez, cannot believe the World Cup is coming up so soon.  I don't really care about England's shortcomings in the Nations League - a ridiculous charade of a competition - but I do care about England's best players suffering from fatigue, lack of fitness and lack of form.  My expectations for both Palace and England have definitely taken a hit.  And my hopes of watching Palace play when I'm next back in the UK are a big fat zero - thanks to the World Cup break right up to Christmas that I had totally forgotten about.  But thankfully that means I will catch some of the World Cup in the UK.   

No comments:

Post a Comment