Thursday, October 27, 2022

Trench Warfare

Well, it's on.  I am officially at war.  With moles.  Again.  And I use the plural, because the devious sods have initiated a 2-prong attack.  A massive assault on the front of my house, accompanied by some minor skirmishes round the back.  I guess the recent, and long overdue, rainfall has caused this brazen and unwarranted assault.  And it appears they might succeed - I don't have any poison bait to fight back with, at least not yet.  So all I can do is flatten the huge molehills, and make an absolute mess of my lawn.  They clearly have the upper hand - it's that time of year when leaves and tree debris cover the ground, so I can't easily see where the next offensive will occur.  And we are under a wind advisory right now, so I expect a load more crap will come down tonight to cover their tracks.  They may have won this initial battle, but the war is far from over.       

1 comment:

  1. Pfff !!

    Just like America in 'nam, you talk a good game.

    Just like America in 'nam, you'll lose.

    ReplyDelete