Friday, October 28, 2022

Windfall

I know it is somewhat unseemly to talk about money and income, but I have to mention this.  Yesterday my company published its third quarter earnings, and they beat the estimates.  So what happened today?  The share price only increased by nearly 13%.  And what does that mean for your humble narrator?  Well, I checked my stock account today and I noticed that my account had a little bit of a daily gain.  I don't want to give a specific number, but let's just say it was in the $50k to $100k range.  In one day.  Nice.  If I had any sense, I would probably sell some of my shares to capitalize on this unexpected windfall.  But no, I'm in it for the long haul so these daily ups and downs don't really mean much to me - though this is a particularly unusual and extreme and welcome up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment