Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Wordle Update

Well, my 56 day Wordle streak came crashing to a halt today as – for only the second time ever – I failed to get today’s Wordle.  No excuses about made up words this time – I got caught in a classic spin cycle: incorrectly guessing PINCH, WINCH and FINCH when the actual word was CINCH.  Damn that double C.  I’m not sure there are any other 5 letter words ending with INCH, so I only needed one more guess and I would have got it.  Shucks.  But my win percentage remains at 99% with an average of about 3.88 guesses, which is about right because I’m disappointed if I don’t get it in 3.  Note also that I play in Hard Mode (which you can change in Settings) – which basically means any revealed hints have to be used in subsequent guesses, so for example if your first guess reveals a yellow E then your second guess has to use E in a different position.  At least I got today’s Heardle in 4 seconds, which is the variation of Wordle that I also currently play and which I normally really struggle with because I am utterly useless at recognizing songs and remembering band names (I think some of you might like Heardle if you haven’t already checked it out yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment