Thursday, July 21, 2022

Primary

I may not be an American citizen (yet) and not get a ballot, but I still received my "Snohomish County Official Local Voters' Pamphlet" this week for the August 2, 2022 Primary.  So I could have been voting, at the federal level, for US Senator and US Representative.  And at the local level, for Secretary of State, State Senator, State Representative, County Prosecuting Attorney and Public Utility District Commissioner.  I've already starting seeing some political ads on TV - with them all being attack ads, which I guess is fitting for the current political environment.  It's very depressing.  I did a quick scan of all the candidates and their summaries (containing stuff like elected experience, professional experience, education, community service and a statement) and it's the usual selection of nutcases and oddballs.  It doesn't take a genius to work out which ones are clearly right-wing extremists and a danger to society.  It's scary to think that some of these freaks will actually receive votes let alone get elected.     

No comments:

Post a Comment