Monday, July 4, 2022

Independence Day

Happy 4th July!  Or, just to be more American, should I say July 4th?!  Those crazy Americans and their stupid date customs of month before day.  However it is not just one day off work today, but thanks to our company's summer shutdown I've got the entire week off work.  Something I would probably appreciate more if I was actually busy with work!  I was planning to go to Oregon tomorrow - down to Crater Lake in the south of Oregon, the only national park in Oregon.  But thanks to the crappy spring weather, some winter road closures are still in effect around the lake.  In addition, some of the hiking trails that I want to go on are still partly covered with snow.  So I've made the tough decision to postpone the road trip to hopefully later in the year.  That's the second time I've done that this year - that's not a good precedent.  I fear I'm becoming something of a homebody.  One more characteristic of myself that I need to change before it's too late...       

No comments:

Post a Comment