Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wasps

Oh no, a few days ago I discovered a wasp nest right in the tree by my back patio.  It can't have been there long as I surely would have noticed it, but it's quite big and quite active.  And makes me quite uncomfortable if I go out there to sit outside or refill the bird feeders, in case these little buggers see me as a threat and decide to attack me.  I mentioned it to my landlord, and he said he'd deal with it.  So yesterday evening, he drove his all-wheel car across the yard and up to the tree, wound down his car window, soaked the nest with some spray, and quickly closed his window and scarpered before they reacted.  Did it help?  Apparently not, because the nest was still active today.  So I think he is about to do the same thing again tonight.  I'm not expecting it to make much difference this time either.  I'm tempted to say that he really needs to get a professional in to properly and safely remove the nest, but I don't think he will because he is a bit of a cheapskate.  So lets see how things are tomorrow, but I fear I might be stuck with a load of wasps right outside my back door for quite a while.  Great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment