Friday, July 29, 2022

Sports

I shall not be watching a single second of the Commonwealth Games.  Mainly because it's not airing over here.  But even if I could watch it, I probably wouldn't - it's a second or third tier sporting event at best.  It's equivalent to watching a Championship game on TV, something I haven't done for a very long time.  I didn't watch a single second of the World Athletics Championship either, despite it being held relatively nearby in Oregon, and that is certainly superior to the Commonwealth Games.  My sporting viewing habits have been weird this summer, I didn't watch any of Wimbledon either (I found it quite sad that a Russian won on the women's side, and an anti-vaxxer won on the men's side) and I didn't watch much of the Tour de France either - just catching highlights from a few of the mountain stages.  Very unusual.  While waiting for the Premier League to start up again, my choice of sports to watch over the last few weeks has been Australian Rules Football.  It has started to become an important staple of my viewing habits.  Watching a game live in Australia is definitely high up on my bucket list now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment