Monday, July 11, 2022

Middle Fork Snoqualmie

I was very naughty today.  Because it was a sunny day and my manager is on vacation, I decided to take a long lunch and go for a hike.  I ended up being out most of the day.  I went to the Middle Fork Snoqualmie trail, due east of Seattle and about a 1 hour 15 minute drive away.  This was a new trail to me - but since you are mostly walking under a forest canopy, a good choice for a hot day.  Although the trail ostensibly follows the middle fork of the Snoqualmie river upstream, for most of the hike you can't actually hear the river let alone see it because the trail meanders away from the river and into the forest, although you do cross over some streams.  The trail has some gentle elevation change, but nothing too excessive - at least in the part of the trail I did - and is surprisingly well maintained.  I think the trail is about 15 miles total, one-way, so as you can imagine I didn't do all that.  My plan was to walk down the trail for 1 hour, then walk back for another hour.  But actually ended up hiking for over 3 hours - about 7 miles according to my phone - and I was absolutely knackered by the end of it, so that was probably too much.  And although the trail didn't start very busy, I started encountering more people on the way back and then I hit a load of rush hour traffic on the drive back, so I was out for much longer than I planned.  And, the shock, I actually took some photos today.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment