Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Song of the Week #120

A somewhat interesting choice this week, as I only listened to this song for the first time ever yesterday as it popped up in my YouTube queue.  A one-hit wonder from the mid-70's, judging by the number of reaction videos on YouTube it was apparently a lot more successful in the US than it was in the UK - despite it being from a UK artist and recorded/produced in the UK (by Alan Parsons no less).  I've got to be honest, I don't know what to make of this song - it seems perfectly nice enough, but not exactly memorable enough or special enough to warrant re-listening.  Or reacting to.  With the high quality instrumentation - and you normally can't go wrong with some big strings - and it's mellowness I feel like I should like this more.  Am I missing something?     

No comments:

Post a Comment