Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Resurgence

It's nice to see Kate Bush get some long overdue resurgence in popularity, particularly in the US, thanks solely to the TV show Stranger Things.  A show that I've only ever watched the first episode of, which wasn't enough to hold my interest.  The radio station that I wake up to has, mercifully, even started to play Kate Bush's version of Running Up That Hill, rather than the crappy cover version that they had been playing.  So it is time for a prediction.  I think Stranger Things has one more season left, so it will undoubtedly promote a resurgence in another popular 80's artist.  Who will it be?  My prediction - Eurythmics and Annie Lennox.  Someone else who, judging by some of the song reactions I see on YouTube, that most Americans do not know about.         

No comments:

Post a Comment